Terms and Conditions
UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions detailed herein are general in nature and refer to all works, regardless of type carried out, or to be carried out, by UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd.
Work quoted for will be carried out following the receipt of a client order where applicable. Verbal orders will only be acted upon following the return of an UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd official booking form or online booking form.
- On-site training courses - The client agrees to provide an adequate training room for the number of delegates to be trained as per the confirmation of training issued. Failure to ensure this may result in the training being cancelled at the discretion of the course tutor; the course will be re-arranged at the client’s full cost.
- UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd will provide all audio and visual equipment; the client must provide a screen or wall to project on to, along with suitable power points for the tutors use, unless otherwise agreed.
- Course fees include tuition by UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd tutor, course notes, and all expenses incurred by UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd or i.e. overnight and travel expenses, subsistence.
- Payment Terms - All prices quoted by UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd with a view to undertaking any work, are exclusive of VAT.
- All works will be invoiced on receipt of booking form or at least 7 days before works are carried out, no entry onto open courses or provision of on-site training will be carried out until such payment terms have been met.
Payment must be received before any training courses commence, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Any training where:
- The client confirmation is not returned within 5 days of issue to confirm the date booked, can be cancelled or amended at our discretion or;
- Payment has not been received will be cancelled 5 days before the training is due to commence;
- The client cancels the agreed booking, UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd reserve the right to charge a levy of 80% of the proposed works if cancelled more than 14 days prior to the work, less than 14 days will result in the full agreed sum being charged.
- UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd reserve the right to charge interest on the full invoice value of any overdue or non-payment invoice during dispute at a weekly rate of 10% above current base rate.
- UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd reserves the right to adjust prices quoted in its literature if necessary, after a 30-day period from publication of such literature; this will not affect fees already paid
- On-site training website rates marked with* the training course must be held within a 20-mile radius of NE311SR.
- For work outside of the above area, additional expenses will be charged such as mileage, overnight accommodation, and subsistence. Work within certain areas of the country may incur additional charges to those quoted on the website.
- The maximum number of delegates must not be exceeded.
- The rates must be pre-paid and are for training services only and do not include any consultancy services.
- The rates quoted are subject to change, for more information please contact us.
- Online Asbestos Training - There is no pre-requisite for undertaking the "E" Learning Package and is open to any delegate who may require specific certification for asbestos awareness training.
- The UKASL, UKATA and IATP Asbestos Awareness E-Learning certificates obtained will be either be valid for one year (UKATA only) or a statement will be printed on it to HSE guidelines. Once expired delegates will have the option to revisit the E-Learning Package and re-complete the latest course and test.
- Once payment is received your login details will be emailed directly to you on the proviso the payment being cleared. Where payments are made by telephone this is subject to normal office working hours 8.45am - 5.00pm.
- All training material provided to the applicant will be in accordance with and comply with the Control of Asbestos Regulations. All material for the asbestos awareness course will be correct at the time of publishing and will be updated accordingly as and when the legislation and guidance change.
- The UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd will hold the submitted information on completion of the course, for a period of one year in accordance with the Data Protection Act; no personal information will be passed to any other party.
- All certificates will be issued to the successful applicant direct via email, unless otherwise agreed with the person paying for the course. Each certificate will be marked with a unique reference number for verification purposes. Copy certificates are available, however we reserve the right to charge an administration fee for these.
- 24 hour instant logins - After completing the payment process your logins will be instantly sent to the email address you used at the payment process, if the email address that is entered is incorrect, UK Asbestos Specialists Ltd cannot guarantee instant login details. It is strongly advisable that candidates’ check their email client spam or junk mail filters to prevent unnecessary delays in the issue of logins and certificate issue.
- Price Match Offers, are only applicable to clients who can provide evidence of a like-for-like quotation for an identical course, UKATA certification and numbers required. Evidence must include a formal, written, up to date quotation from another training provider.
Refunds are considered and given at our discretion. Refunds will be given on ‘proven duplicate purchases’ or where our equipment and servers malfunction resulting in the buyer not being able to login or complete the online course. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for any refunds given under these terms and conditions. The level of the admin fee will be at the discretion of the sales advisor dealing with the refund.
UK Asbestos Specialists are not responsible for any loss in work or earnings relating to the delegate experiencing issues with our services concerning problems with their PC and e-mail. It is the delegates responsibility to ensure that they have arranged for their training to be completed in good time before any potential employment is to be commenced. Please allow adequate time to complete the course and download your certificate from our servers. Although our services are available 24 hours per day and can be completed on any internet enabled device, please note that it is the delegares responsibility to ensure that they have arranged for their training to be completed in good time before any potential employment is to be commenced.